Here’s the team:
Ed’s career spans 30 years with consulting concentration on supply chain optimization, logistics, transportation, and warehousing career. He has executive experience background in transportation and warehousing providing 3PL contract service solutions. He’s worked in manufacturing, retail and wholesale, pluming products, health care, transportation, consumer goods and electronics, chemicals, building materials, publishing, and automotive parts. Ed is author/compiler of “The Language of Logistics” publication.
Ed’s areas of expertise are:
- Global strategies around optimizing the supply chain
- Streamlining and optimization-network design
- Process improvements, supply chain components of warehousing and transportation
- Concentrated cost reduction projects
- Managing outsourcing initiatives for distribution/warehousing (RFP-RFQ) including pricing and contract negotiation, freight/transportation-all modes, carrier programs, dedicated carriage, and private fleet optimization.
Representative Clients: American Standard, Air BP, BASF, Carrier Corp., Honeywell, Batteries Plus, Exide, GNB, Perkin Elmer, Klockner Pentaplast, Banta, The New York Times, Pt. Semen Cibinong, Parksite, Trane, and Yamaha
Education and Associations:
- BA and Juris Doctor Degrees from the University of Maryland at College Park and Baltimore
- admitted to the practice of law in the State of Maryland and leverages this training when conducting outsourcing contract negotiations for clients.
John Trestrail delivers comprehensive consulting services to solve problems, drive out inefficiencies and improve supply chain performance. Using decision sciences methodology, Next Wave enables clients to improve strategic, tactical, and operational decision-making for complex supply chain operations—helping clients reduce costs, increase efficiency, improve customer service—and, ultimately, win more business.
John’s areas of expertise include:
- Business Process Improvement
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Operational Assessment
- Network Design, Modeling and Optimization
- Site Selection
- Transportation Assessment
- Supply Chain Benchmarking
- Supply Chain Software Assessment: WMS, TMS, Decision Support
Education and Associations
- B.A., International Studies (Middle East), Michigan State
- MBA, Decision Science (analytics), Georgia State University
- CPIM certified through APICS in SCM, production, and inventory control
- ASBA certified in cargo brokerage for ocean export.
Bruce Imel is a proven consultant in supply chain and technology management, with a successful track record of process improvement and cost reduction through the implementation of best practices in process and technology. Bruce has over ten years of experience in multi-site domestic and international supply chain management experience including responsibility for procurement, production planning, warehousing and distribution of global product line. Proven track record of implementing transformational change in both manufacturing and corporate environments. Successfully managed technology projects that have consistently delivered significant process improvement in the areas of supply chain collaboration, warehouse management, operations, procurement, engineering, plant maintenance and sales order management.
Bruce’s areas of expertise are:
- Managing multi-site systems implementation of many major business applications: UGS Team Center Engineering, SAP, Cadis PMX, Lotus Notes, AMAPSQ, MSA, CMMS, CanopyConnect
- Working with non U.S. multinational corporations, including many Japanese owned companies.
- Broad industry experience that includes process manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, consumer products and pharmaceuticals.
Representative Clients: NEC, Iron Mountain, Honda, Devon Energy, Johnson & Johnson, BorgWarner and OsramSylvania
Laura Colcord has extensive experience in the energy and chemicals industries, which includes corporate and operational transformation, strategic business planning, and business process redesign, especially for supply chain processes. Process redesign work focuses on applying lean principles to process industries and non-manufacturing processes. Lean Transformation experience in chemicals, electronics, health care, financial services, pharmaceutical industries, as well as traditional manufacturing.
Laura’s areas of expertise include:
- Lean Sigma – providing new tools and paradigms for process transformation
- Knowledge Management – to support and institutionalize performance transformation
- Leadership Coaching – designing and driving systematic transformation programs
- Change Management – ensuring sustainable capability changes that lock in benefits
- Project Leadership – leading teams to deliver rapid results
- Director, Dove Consulting
- Senior Associate, Booz-Allen & Hamilton
- Supply Chain Leader, Exxon Chemical Co.
Representative Clients GSK, Raytheon, AlliedSignal, B.F. Goodrich, Delphi, Johnson & Johnson, World Kitchen, Southern Company, Metromedia Restaurant Group
Education and Associations
- M.B.A., International Business, New York University (Dean’s Award for Scholarship)
- Fulbright Scholarship, Karlsruhe, Germany
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Maryland Summa Cum Laude, General Honors, 14 scholarships and awards.
Chad Morrison is a Senior Consultant with proven expertise in helping organizations make dramatic improvement in their leadership and business processes. His focus is to accelerate business solutions using Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma concepts, ultimately linking these into a strategic focus for rapid, measurable results for impacting business growth.
Chad’s areas of expertise include:
- Lean Enterprise – Reducing the cycle from customer inquiry to customer order as well as from customer order to delivery of the product.
- Process Stability – Driving consistent output capability to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Product Line Profitability – Analysis of business to ensure that emphasis is on selling the most profitable products.
- Working Capital Reduction – Targeted analysis and process improvement to reduce cash required for operating your business.
- Support Function Efficiency – Enhancing the efficiency of support function processes.
- Senior Consultant, Flow Consulting
- Executive – General Electric: Power Systems Division, Plastics Division, GE Capital Corporation, GE Corporate Audit Staff
Representative Clients General Electric Company, Johnson & Johnson, Rolls-Royce, SPX Corporation, AlliedSignal, Lockheed Martin, ConEd Solutions, World Kitchen, Brandrud Furniture, Quality Machine Works, Isomag
Education and Associations
- B.A., Accounting, Siena College