John Connor provides support to his clients as an expert in the principles, practices, and implementation of Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise, and the Theory of Constraints. He has implemented improvements in value streams, knowledge-based processes, business enabling processes, manufacturing processes, and supply chains. His practice is worldwide and includes industries such as automotive, aerospace including defense contractors, pharmaceutical, health care, the U.S. Navy, food service, confectionery, and home consumable products.
John ’s areas of expertise include:
- Lean Enterprise – Training and implementation of Lean, Six Sigma and TOC tools; and, leading and mentoring process improvement projects.
- Kaizen – Implementing significant process improvement during short, focused events. Most recent event delivered 53 percent footprint reduction and 40 percent productivity improvement.
- Teams – Coaching to success and transferring the knowledge to sustain and improve the gains.
- Assessment – Assessing the needs of an organization and identifying high impact improvements for the organization, its customers, and its employees.
- Leadership – Coaching and mentoring managers to become leaders.
- Principal, Continuous Improvement Group, Inc.
- Cummins Engine Company: Director of Training, Program Manager – New Product Introduction
- Plant Manager, Diesel ReCon Company, Inc.
- U.S. Army officer: Military decorations include the Legion of Merit, five Bronze Stars, the Purple Heart, and four Meritorious Service medals.
Representative Clients: U.S. Navy, GlaxoSmithKline, AlliedSignal, Raytheon, Delphi, LockheedMartin, Just Born, Essilor, Litehouse Foods, Derby Industries, Solectron, AstenJohnson, Renault – Nissan, Pechiney, and Ducommun Technologies, Barnes Group
Education and Associations
- BS, General Engineering, United States Military Academy, West Point
- MS, Operations Research, Tulane University , New Orleans