Scientific Method is the systematic observation, measurement, experimentation, formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses. The Scientific Method is the basis for the Deming Cycle (Shewhart) and Plan-Do-Check-Act.
- Modify hypothesis, or Conclusion
Improvement Kata … repeated practicing a pattern to learn a skill and way of thinking, to become second nature, with little conscious effort. Examples: swimming, riding a bicycle. Mastery through repetition. For lean management …
- Understand the Direction (target condition)
- Grasp the Current Condition, and Obstacles
- Establish the Next Step (next target condition)
- Go See what we have learned
Reminds me a lot of Evolutionary Operations by GEP Box.