Bruce asked “Do any of you have any standard material classification logic that you have used. I’m working with a client to classify all of the parts they purchase. In the past I’ve used some standards from NAPM but I can’t seem to find them now on the ISM site.”
I thought for a moment and went browsing and here’s what I can up with:
- Believe NAPM’s list has been obsoleted by other codes such as the Harmonized Tariff Schedule http://hts.usitc.gov/
- UN Standard Products and Services Codes http://www.unspsc.org/
- Depending on how granular you need to go you could also use SIC codes to build commodity groups. http://www.sec.gov/info/edgar/siccodes.htm
- HazMat US DOT/UN Codes might be what you need http://bhs.econ.census.gov/bhs/cfs/Hazmat%20Code%20List.pdf
- Pharma has NDC’s http://www.fda.gov/drugs/informationondrugs/ucm142438.htm
Have any better ideas, lets us know!